By installing, copying, or otherwise using the Software, Licensee agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this EULA. If Licensee does not agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this EULA, then Licensee may not download, install, or use the Software.
1. Grant of License
A) Scope of License. Subject to the terms of this EULA, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee on a non-exclusive basis solely for use by you, and you alone, under the terms of this Agreement. VNL, (and, to the extent applicable, its licensors), retains all title to and ownership of the Software and reserves all rights not expressly granted to you hereby. The Software is being distributed by digital download.
B) Installation and Use. Licensee may use a maximum of one (1) user account in the PARTNER Platform.
C) No Transfer of License. You may not transfer your license of the Software to anyone.
2.Description of Rights and Limitations
A) Your PARTNER Platform Account.
If you create an account in the
Software, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully
for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the
project. You must immediately notify Visible Network Labs of any unauthorized uses of your account
any other breaches of security. Visible Network Labs will not be liable for any acts or omissions by
You, including any damages of any kind incurred because of such acts or omissions.
By using the Software, you agree that your data can be included in the larger PARTNER dataset. Your data are only identifiable to VNL employees, contractors, research partners, and affiliated organizations (no organization names are made public without expressed permission, which can be given by the manager or the organization that answered the survey). Organizations may be displayed on the data dashboards/visualizations as coded nodes in network maps (for example, coded as a “nonprofit organization.” All data are grouped into one large dataset that is used for network research and general knowledge on networks, and to feed into the online data dashboards. Electing to exclude your data from the larger data set does not prohibit use of the Software. Please notify us at email@example.com to discuss excluding your data from the larger dataset.
B) Limitations. You acknowledge that the Software contains trade secrets and other proprietary information of Visible Network Labs and/or its licensors. Licensee and third parties may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble the Software, or engage in any other activities to obtain underlying information that is not visible to the user in connection with normal use of the Software. C) Update and Maintenance. This license does not grant you any right to any enhancements or updates to the Software, nor any support services. The Software is automatically updated. Updates include enhancements such as bug fixes, patches, database updates, enhanced functions, and new features. You agree that Visible Network Labs may automatically apply updates to the software. D) Use on Multiple Computers by a Single User. The Software may be used by only you on multiple computers, tablets, and phones.
3. Title to Software. Licensor represents and warrants that it has the legal right to enter and perform its obligations under this EULA, and that use by the Licensee of the Software, in accordance with the terms of this EULA, will not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third parties.
4. Ownership of Intellectual Property. All discoveries, inventions, processes, designs, plans, and trade secrets, whether of a technical nature or not, including all technology, derivative technology, and related IP that contains previously developed and existing programming, code, or other IP that is owned by Licensor (specifically in this agreement, any derivatives of existing VNL IP, such as iterations of the PCN App, PARTNERme, the PARTNER tool or platform, the PARTNER and VNL methodology including but not limited to the PARTNER survey, measures, and analysis, and all other related IP) will remain the sole property and rights of Licensor. Licensor may use and reuse Intellectual Property, in whole or in part, in all media, whether now or later existing, in perpetuity, including but not limited to the exclusive right to reproduce, perform, and exploit the Intellectual Property, and all information regarding Intellectual Property, concurrent with the discovery or development of the Intellectual Property. All now known or hereafter known tangible and intangible rights, title, interest, copyrights, and moral rights in and to the Software, including but not limited to all images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, data, computer code, web scripts, data metrics, survey questions, algorithms, and information, are owned by Licensor. The Software is protected by all applicable copyright laws and international treaties. The provisions and requirements of this clause will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
5. Payment and Renewal.
A. General Terms. Optional paid services such as PARTNER accounts are available on the Website (any such services, a “PARTNER Subscription”). By selecting to pay for the PARTNER Subscription or any additional add-on features you agree to pay Visible Network Labs the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for a PARTNER Subscription and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. PARTNER Subscription fees are not refundable.
B. Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify Visible Network Labs before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a PARTNER Subscription, your PARTNER Subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such PARTNER Subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you.
6. Support. Licensor will provide email and chat support, available as needed for the duration of use by Licensee.
7. Termination. This EULA is effective until:
8. Jurisdiction. This EULA shall be deemed to have been made in and shall be construed pursuant to the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to conflicts of law’s provisions thereof. Any legal action or proceeding relating to this EULA shall be brought exclusively in courts located in Denver, CO, and each party consents to the jurisdiction thereof. The prevailing party in any action to enforce this EULA shall be entitled to recover costs and expenses including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. This EULA is made within the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States, and its jurisdiction shall supersede any other jurisdiction of either party’s election.
9. Non-Transferable. This EULA is not assignable or transferable by Licensee, and any attempt to do so would be void.
10. Severability. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any privilege, any power, or any rights hereunder will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of any other right hereunder. If any provision of this EULA shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this EULA shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
11. Warranty Disclaimer. Licensor, and author of the software, hereby expressly disclaim any warranty for the software. The software and any related documentation are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Licensee accepts and assumes any and all risk arising out of use or performance of the software to achieve your intended results, and for the installation, use and results obtained from the Software. You also assume the entire risk as it applies to the quality and performance of the Software. Should the Software prove defective, you (and not Visible Network Labs, or its distributors or dealers) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
12. Limitation of Liability. Licensor shall not be liable to licensee, or any other person or entity claiming through licensee any loss of profits, income, savings, or any other consequential, incidental, special, punitive, direct, or indirect damage, whether arising in contract, tort, warranty, or otherwise. These limitations shall apply regardless of the essential purpose of any limited remedy. Under no circumstances shall the licensor's aggregate liability to licensee, or any other person or entity claiming through licensee, exceed the financial amount actually paid by licensee to licensor for the software.
13. Injunctive Relief. You acknowledge that the Software and the Service contain Visible Network Labs’ proprietary and confidential information, and that disclosure of such information or misuse of the Software will give rise to irreparable injury Visible Network Labs, inadequately compensable in damages. Accordingly, Visible Network Labs may seek and obtain injunctive relief against the breach or threatened breach of the foregoing undertakings, in addition to any other legal remedies which may be available. Said relief will be available without the requirement of posting a bond or undertaking.
15. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. All Software and related documentation are provided with restricted rights. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subdivision (b)(3)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software Clause at 252.227-7013. Manufacturer is Visible Network Labs. If you are sub-licensing or using the Software outside of the United States, you will comply with the applicable local laws of your country, U.S. export control law, and the English version of this Agreement. You are responsible for complying with all trade regulations and laws both foreign and domestic.
16. Export Restrictions. You acknowledge that none of the Software or underlying information or technology may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, North Korea, Iran, Syria or any other country subject to a U.S. embargo; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Denied Parties List or Entity List. By using the Software you are agreeing to the foregoing and are representing and warranting that (i) no U.S. federal agency has suspended, revoked, or denied you export privileges, (ii) you are not located in or under the control of a national or resident of any such country or on any such list, and (iii) you will not export or re-export the Software to any prohibited county, or to any prohibited person, entity, or end-user as specified by U.S. export controls.
17. Miscellaneous. This EULA is binding on you as well as your employees, employers, contractors, and agents, and on any successors and assigns. Neither the Software nor any information derived therefrom may be exported except in accordance with the laws of the U.S. or other applicable provisions. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Colorado (except to the extent federal law governs copyrights and federally registered trademarks) without regard to conflicts of law provisions, and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the State of Colorado. This License Agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is hereby expressly excluded. This EULA constitutes the entire agreement between Licensor and Licensee and supersedes all prior understandings of Licensor and Licensee, including any prior representation, statement, condition, or warranty with respect to the subject matter of this EULA. The terms and conditions contained in this License Agreement may not be modified unless both you and an authorized representative of Visible Network Labs execute a separate written instrument.
For additional information regarding this EULA, please send mail to Visible Network Labs, Attn: Visible Network Labs, 8045 Flower Court, Arvada, CO 80005, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Special Provisions Applicable to the European Union.
If you acquired the Software in the European Union (EU), the following provisions also apply to you. If there is any inconsistency between the terms of the Software License Agreement set out earlier and the following provisions, the following provisions shall take precedence.
You agree not for any purpose to transmit the Software or display the Software's code on any computer screen or to make any hard copy memory dumps of the Software's code. If you believe you require information related to the interoperability of the Software with other programs, you shall not decompile or disassemble the Software to obtain such information, and you agree to request such information from Visible Network Labs at the address listed earlier. Upon receiving such a request, Visible Network Labs shall determine whether you require such information for a legitimate purpose and, if so, Visible Network Labs will provide such information to you within a reasonable time and on reasonable conditions.
EXCEPT AS STATED EARLIER IN THIS AGREEMENT, AND AS PROVIDED UNDER THE HEADING "STATUTORY RIGHTS", THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation of Remedy and Damages:
THE LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES IN THE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT SHALL NOT APPLY TO PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON CAUSED BY VISIBLE NETWORK LABS' NEGLIGENCE AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE PROVISION SET OUT UNDER THE HEADING "STATUTORY RIGHTS".
END OF AGREEMENT